Sunday, April 13, 2014

Being Engaged.

Hey everyone!
So pretty much I tried to type this in a condensed version on a Facebook status but couldn't bring myself to word it right without it feeling too long for just a status update. That's why I love this blog, I can type forever and still not feel annoying haha.

Today was really awesome, Walker and I took our engagement photos. It hit me this month that our wedding will be happening in about five months. FIVE MONTHS. Seriously, nearly seven months ago Walker came home and proposed to me?! It feels like forever ago and just yesterday at the same time.
Now, I don't want to say that being engaged lost it's spark or importance, but being nineteen and twenty years old, our lives seem to be forever changing and little daily happenings can sometimes override the fact of a wedding that is happening further down the road.
Am I saying this right? I guess what I'm trying to say is being engaged just became normal. Not in a bad way, but not in a good way either. It's a really cool time in a relationship where all the ideas and dreams for you life are okay to think and aren't too out there because I mean hey, they're just ideas for now. But things like the move, work, etc. can sometimes get in the way of our thinking and valuing the state that we're in in life. We're about to get married. Like, changing my last name, gonna have babies with this guy one day, married.
I think being engaged can change a lot of things. 

I keep typing this all out and the words just don't make sense. I'm a little annoyed by that.

Whenever we got engaged I looked at everything in a more serious light. At first I would be afraid when we would argue because oh my goodness what if it's like this forever?! But at the same time when things would be awesome it's I can't wait to have this forever! Forever. That's what changes it. The idea of marrying Walker and being with him forever was always a thought and hope, and when it became real I over analyzed every little thing because, that my friends is what I do best.

I think now I'm to this point in the engagement that my hope for us is huge. One perk is us being so young, but in general there is so much confidence in our future together. The bad things have time to change, and we no longer have to feel like we're changing them all by ourselves. The good things will be there forever, and we'll have even more as the years go by.

Y'all, I'm so excited to see what God does in our relationship. 

I feel that we fit together like a two person puzzle, we challenge each other and help the other pursue their dreams or simply keep their fire going while all else seems dim.

This session today was a good reminder of the man I have in front of me and how blessed I am to have him. I think having the engagement session so late in the engagement helped us in that little plateau we were experiencing.

I love him, and I love being with him.

*sappy, slightly confusing and not well planned out post over*

Yay for a sneak peek of the session!!

No comments:

Post a Comment