Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy April!

I really can't believe this year is already a quarter of the way through. Nothing has really changed much in my life, which is a really weird thing for me to say because normally there's something new around every corner. It's definitely a blessing because my life needed a good rest. School, work, and time with family/friends/Walker are the things that are most important to me right now.

I'm going to take this post away from nutrition, and just talk about my life. I love journaling and writing down my days, I just get so bored writing down on a daily basis.

First off, the wedding! We have our venue, The Shady Valley Golf Club in Arlington, and it's pretty awesome and beautiful. Hopefully on that day we'll have nice enough weather to have it outside! I have my dress and shoes, and an idea for what the guys are going to wear. Any day now Walker and I will go cake testing to see what we really want, and you know, to have an excuse to eat some awesome cake. In March I didn't do much planning, but April I can hopefully get some more done. On the 13th we'll finally be getting our engagement pictures done which I am so so so excited about!

Let's see...oh! Our new apartment!! Oh my goodness y'all, I am beyond excited for the move. When we went and searched for our first apartment (the one we're currently in) we lucked out and only stopped by one place and went with it. Now looking back, I'm not sure if lucked out was the right phrase...if there's any advice I can give anyone it's this: don't live in a studio apartment, it isn't worth the price. Space is a thing every human needs. Now, onto our new one! We were really scared we wouldn't be able to afford it and had other apartments in mind, honestly we just went to these to look at them..kind of like window shopping. We loved the area, the management, and the layout of the apartment so much, not to mention if you signed the lease the same day you viewed the apartment you got your application fees and admin fee waved, saving us about $100-250 more dollars! We went home and added up all of our expenses that are there and unchangeable/necessary and found that we could live there comfortable which was surprising to both of us.
After living nearly a year in a studio apartment I have to say moving onto not only more space, but a nicer complex is huge to us. We both work full time and it's nice to see that what we've been working for has earned us something greater. I really hope any of what I'm saying does not come off as bragging, whenever I'm excited I tend to not shut up about it haha. If anything I hope you see how important it is to us and how proud of ourselves we are to really be reaching a big "growing up" part of our lives.

Lastly, work! Walker didn't get into SORM (school of retail management), but he remains hopeful and proud of himself for what he's accomplished only in a year of being with the company. I have to say, seeing him remain optimistic is a huge reason why I love him. He's still working on ways to grow in his department so whenever he feels ready to apply again he'll have even more experience behind him. As for me, I love my department and I think about growing myself in it every now and then, really I just want to wait until the wedding is done before I throw any other thing on myself. Both of us are so incredibly thankful to work for such a good company, especially at a young age.

So if you know of any awesome cake places in Fort Worth/Arlington let me know so me and Walker can go stuff our faces with cake haha. Also keep us in your prayers as we take a big step on in moving to a new complex and grow ourselves in work.
Thanks for taking the time to read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment