Monday, November 3, 2014

30 Days of Thanks. Days 1-3

I've really missed blogging. I have quite a few ideas but all the topics are really deep and meaningful to me. I've started to type them out and it just didn't look right and I don't want to publish something that I don't feel confident in. What I've decided to do instead is do the 30 days of thanks I see every year on facebook. People post daily thanks, big or small, and explain why they're grateful for them. I'm assuming it started this month because of thanksgiving, I'm not really sure, but I thought it'd be nice for me to do this. Today is the 3rd of November so I'll be covering 3 days in this one post.

November 1st: I am thankful for my mom.
On Saturday I went to my mom's to see her and a couple of her friends she's had for years. She's always there for me, and when I say always I mean it. For a long time she was my rock, and I'm still learning to transition that more into depending on Jesus and Walker, but it's good to know that she is there for me. She isn't girly and doesn't understand some of the things I do or like, but she encourages my actions if she feels they are right for me. For that I cannot be thankful enough. Thank you for allowing me to grow and become who I need to, I hope when I have a child they can depend on me as much as I do on you. I love you mama.

November 2nd: I am thankful for CareNow.
Sounds really weird, huh? But really, I went there so many times this past year because of sickness, my hamstring, and now pink eye. Without the easiness of getting in and out of the doctor I'd probably be lost with setting up an actual appointment somewhere. It's fairly quick, even though I've had some pretty long wait times, I understand why and what they do.

November 3rd: I am thankful for a personal God.
This is something that I've learned through the past few months. I am so thankful for the time I get to spend with God. Usually I write out my feelings, prayers, really anything I feel I need to get out, and then I just talk to God about them. I'm thankful for a God that knows I struggle with anxiety, but offers peace. God knows me inside and out, Even when I mess up again and again He is still there, and that is the most reassuring fact I have ever known. I'm glad to know that I have a relationship with God and He wants that relationship to be as great as I want it to be.

I don't know how often I'll do these, daily seems a little much posting wise, but I will cover every day. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment