Thursday, March 20, 2014

HIIT #1

Hi everyone!
So, as I was starting to run on my parent's treadmill today all I could think was, "I really do not feel like running today.." which honestly tends to be a common thought that passes in my mind. Some days I love running, some days I loathe it. Since I'm not at a gym today I got a little created my own HIIT workout (High intensity interval training). You can find these nearly anywhere online premade, but whenever it comes to MY fitness I like MY plan.
It went really well and was really challenging, not to mention it left my covered in sweat, so I figured I would share it! The way it works is easy:
30 seconds of cardio
1 minute of strength
Also, out to the right I'm putting the time that you should be done with this move, and I include a 10 second break between each move as well!
Ready?! :)

30s jogging in place     :30
1m arm circles (30 sec. forward/30 sec. back)     1:40
30s burpees     2:20
1m mermaid abs     3:30
30s plank jacks     4:10
1m reverse lunges     5:20
30s jumping jacks     6:00
1m downward dog push ups     7:10
30s skaters     7:50
1m leg raises     9:00
30s jog in place     9:40
1m squats     10:50
30s burpees     11:30
1m tricep dips     12:40
30s plank jacks     13:20
1m plank     14:30
30s jumping jacks     15:10
1m clamshell leg lifts (30 sec. right/30 sec. left)     16:20

Aannnd you're done! My favorite thing about HIITS is you aren't doing the same thing over and over again but you are DEFINITELY getting some awesome toning in!

If you don't know what any of the moves are you can find them by googling them, or you can ask me and I'll send you a video/picture of what it looks like!

After I did this I wanted just a little more so I did an abs & obliques video by Fitness Blender

If you do this let me know how it was! I love keeping my workouts creative and different to avoid boredom!

No comments:

Post a Comment