Friday, August 30, 2013

Rantfest.

I have been on a rant rampage today. Normally by this time of night I stop myself and think of how silly the things were that I let bother me, but today they have been legitimate, frustrating reasons. I won't go into detail of what they are from specifically because, lets face it, this is still the internet and whether I know you or not I don't want to be one of those people who complains so much that it gets annoying and then puts it on social media along with every piece of their life. I don't want this blog to go in a negative direction and I doubt it will, but maybe saying my complaints in somewhat of an anonymous way (that being me leaving out the specifics, like who, when, etc.) will be therapeutic to me because ranting to people tends to just fuel my fire.
First off, I really cannot stand when someone gives something their all and either still gets into trouble or doesn't get appreciated enough. What I consider enough I think is a normal person's need, to get the occasional pat on the back, because without that what drives us? Now, I know that we have God to remind us of our paths and He is the ultimate judge, but in human to human contact a pat on the back isn't asking for much. People take so much advantage of the ones that give their all that they tire them out until they have no more motivation, and then give them something almost meaningless in exchange for the months of neglect. That is not okay, and honestly I'm to the point where I don't want it to happen anymore. I'm seeing people I love basically get walked on when I know their work ethic deserves so much more. I really don't know if I should say anything, or if I'm even in the right, but I stand up for those I love and if it continues you can bet I will call these people out.
Secondly (and lastly really), I'm so incredibly frustrated with the way this world works. Kissing up to someone should not get you further, if anything it should be looked down upon. Why do people live for excessive praise? I'm hoping to not contradict what my first rant paragraph said, praise is necessary but when you're doing it only to get what you want, that isn't okay. I feel like just because I don't live to make others like me 24/7 I get the short straw. Don't get me wrong, I want people to like me, but I'm not going to do anything morally wrong to becomes someone's best bud or go-to person. That just isn't me, not how I was raised, and certainly not how I'm going to raise my children.
All in all this rant is about people who work hard, no matter what it is they work hard for in life, and get little credit or help. Not everyone will treat them this way, but when it happens it makes me want to call out everyone on their wrongs and be mad and get my way. But this is life, and really all we can do is to think of how we can cope through it without getting to the point of excessive anger.
I know God has a plan for me and my loved ones, a plan much better than anything we can even think of. Tonight I'll pray for that plan, and for peace in all of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment