Thursday, December 19, 2013

Being Grateful.

Hey guys! I know it's been incredibly long since I've posted anything on here. I really have no explanation or reasoning other than the fact that I got really really lazy. Throughout the 15 days of no posting (I know, that's a huge amount of time considering how well I was doing) life has been up and down. I've definitely been struggling with finding my peace with God, and I had found myself getting angry often and just not being who I want to be.
Can I just say, my number one annnoyance is my apartment and how small it is. I will never recommend a studio apartment to anyone at all, the price is just not worth it, especially if you're living with someone else and two animals. A lot of the time it literally feels like I have no room to breathe.
So with that, let's get into it.

Mark 12:1-17

The Parable of the Tenants

To be completely honest, until I got to the very end of this, I had no idea where it was going. But verse 12 explains that it is relating to how the chief priests are treating Jesus and retaliation he is getting from them. Then I saw it, God gave them this land, gave them the ability to preach and be teachers, but when the creator comes face to face they are jealous and scared of him. They want what he has, and to get it the only solution to think of is killing him. They don't give him the respect he deserves, seeing how he laid out everything for them. 

I like the way this is written, somewhat confusing and then you have that big "oooooooh" moment.

But to apply it to my daily life I could really use it anywhere. My parents, my job, my relationship with Walker. Of course I wouldn't go so far as wanting to or even thinking about killing any of them, but I know I can be stingy and greedy. Not willing to always give what I've been given. That's something I need to work on, to learn how to give others the compassion they always show me, rather than being quick to anger.

Paying the Imperial Tax to Caesar

Honestly in this part it's nice to see that God believes in giving back (I feel that it ties with the first part very nicely). I feel that so many people are so stingy with their money and hate doing taxes, but in the end they money and amount is given to us when we need it, and we give it back whenever it's due sometimes. It's all in God's plan, and that's what we have to remember always.

Just a side note

I really need some prayer right now. Half of the time I feel like I'm going crazy with these animals in here in such a small space. I'm so tired of them always being under my fight, always breaking something, always causing a mess. I need either a solution or the patience necessary. So if  you wouldn't mind praying for me it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just so ready to be out of this apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment