Sunday, December 22, 2013

God of the Living.

Hi everyone!
Man, I am so so so so SO tired. During October and November I didn't really work 40 hours most of the weeks, either because I was lazy and/or I was having personal issues and really just needed to go home. Last week I worked all 40, and this week I'll be working about 37 (only because I got sent home early so I could see June, my sweet little cousin for a couple hours. Totally do not regret that!). So my body is in shock I guess right now, and totally worn out. Not to mention, it isn't just work, but being busy outside of work as well is wearing on me. I am so ready for the holidays to be done, at least whenever it comes to work.

Mark 12:18-44

Marriage at the Resurrection

"He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!" Mark 12:27

Kind of a weird concept, if a husband dies his brother is to basically take over for him and marry his widow if they had no children together. All I can think is that it would be extremely weird to marry Walker's little brother haha. 

But what's most important in this passage to me is what Jesus says. He states that whenever we die, we are not married. We separate from each other and become one with God. I think that's why it's so important to have a marriage with the foundation as God instead of each other, because one day we will separate to be joined with our savior. The importance of that cannot be forgotten in a marriage.

The Greatest Commandment

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and all your strength." Mark 12:30

That was Jesus' answer whenever someone asked him what the greatest commandment is. Straight from his mouth and everything. Whenever anyone in my generation really struggles with their calling in life, I think it is always important to remind them that their first is to love God. All good things come from God, and loving and trusting him brings them more aware to us.

The second he says  is loving your neighbor. Notice the repetition of love in these. Love is the greatest emotion and action towards others. We are called to love God and his people. Loving his people is definitely hard sometimes (especially working in retail, am I right?) but making it more of a point to show it not only makes someone else's day better, but yours as well.

Whose Son is the Messiah?

I definitely need to study my Bible more and the old testament. Whenever they mention certain people I have no clue who they are. I do like the verse mentioned in this though. One day I'll reread this and it'll make much more sense.

The Widow's Offering

"They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything-all she had to live on." Mark 12:44

This has to be my favorite part of this chapter. Would you be willing to give everything to Jesus? Or would you just give the required amount like the rich? I think starting in January I will start tithing and giving money to The Oaks, and set a goal to find a church here in Burleson I can go to and enjoy. Giving what I can, I'd like to see how God can change my world. I also think giving that to God will give me a new way to respect him and want to learn from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment