Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Real Change.

Hi everyone! I had some pretty big news happen yesterday: I finished asking the people I wanted to be in my bridal party!

The first is Mackenzie, she's my second bridesmaid. The second is Lauren (or Lawren as I call her) and she's my maid of honor. I've said so many kind words about them on facebook already, so to keep it short and sweet I'm just really really thankful for them to be in my life, and I really feel that they'll be by my side my whole life, so they deserve to be there along side me on my special day. Also, Jessica is one as well, I asked her probably about a month ago :)

Today is an eventful day off to say the least! I have pilates at 11, taking a check to my school for payment for classes, come home and do homework, spend time with Walker, then go to my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE band's show tonight. I really thought it wasn't gonna happen but one of my friends pulled through and said she would go with me. SO SO SO SO SO excited, they're the band that was the inspiration for my 3rd tattoo with the lyric "I want you to know the love that set me free, I don't worship a concept, I follow a King."

I'm just so excited :)

I'm also really excited to be seeing and feeling God work through mine and Walker's relationship. Both of us are trying much harder to be more tolerable and have less of a short temper. I have high hopes for us as we take things day by day :)

Mark 11

Jesus Comes to Jerusalem as King

It's really awesome to see the greeting Jesus gets in this. I feel it's exactly what he deserves for who He is, and these people don't even know that he's about to die for their sins.

If we saw Jesus today how would we greet him? I think I would just be in shock honestly, and fall to my knees in awe. I can't wait for that day, when my King appears in front of me.

Jesus Curses a Fig Tree and Clears the Temple Courts

"24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” Mark 11:24-25.

So many people, myself included, pray for miraculous things all the time. The big realization to these people is that sometimes, God won't just fix it. He'll give you chances and chances and chances to fix it with Him in your heart, but sometimes it won't just be "fixed." If we didn't have to work for things to be better, to be fixed, ever in our lives, how would we really appreciate the change? Growth with God is a journey that affects your whole life and how you think. Do not get angry with God whenever things don't get better suddenly, chances are you've already had at least 3 times where you can work on it yourself and passed them up.

When you pray for something, keep it in your mind always, that way when the chance comes to fix it you haven't forgotten.

The Authority of Jesus Questioned

All I could think when I read the last verse was oh snap! I seriously feel like a child for saying that, but when these people came asking Jesus what authority he had to come through and remove the criminals from the path (they were selling robbed things), he asked, "'John's baptism-was it from heaven, or of human origin? Tell me!'" Mark 11:30. The ultimately reply saying they didn't know, and Jesus tells them they will not know what authority he has been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment