Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Journey Through Galatians: Chapter 2.

Galatians 2

Yesterday I was talking about the importance of searching and reading through verses and finding the message God wanted us to get from it. Isn't it crazy that in every verse there is advice/hope/guidance? Just something that made me really think!

Anyways, the verse that really got me was verse 14: "When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, 'You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?'" People know I'm a Christian, by my tattoos and by my occasional post on twitter or facebook about how good God is. But that isn't enough. Honestly if you saw me on a day-to-day basis and only judged me off of that, I'm not too certain what you would see. Maybe some hints of God's wisdom every now and then, but you would also so judgment onto others and me being impatient.

I sometimes wonder why it is so hard for people to love God and to really "get it" if that makes sense. But if you look at the Christian examples there are so many that don't live up to the name, myself included. Also with the radicals on TV with the "God hates fags" signs, our image has been soiled. It is so easy to look at those groups and say they give Christians a bad name, but what are we doing in our daily lives to make sure we give Christians a good name, and show the love of God?

If you really want to move others and show them God you have to let him shine through you. That means being stronger than the anger/anxiety/sadness, and instead showing peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment