Thursday, October 24, 2013

My Journey Through Galatians: Chapter 3 Part 1.

I'm splitting this up because I feel slightly overwhelmed with how many directions this chapter seems to go in...maybe it's just me but I feel like split in half, it covers two different topics and I want to make sure I spend enough time on each.

Galatians 3:1-14

I opened at work this morning, meaning I woke up at 4:30 or 5ish. I still made time to listen to this chapter, but lets be real, I wasn't at my fullest while listening. Once I got home from work I listened again and realized how much this chapter entailed. In the first half verse 12 stuck out to me saying: "The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, 'The person who does these things will live by them.'"

As I post these on here, I also share them on tumblr. Yesterday while checking my tumblr (I was about to post over the second chapter) I saw I had a message..which rarely happens. I opened it and it said something along the lines of me needing to step it up because I'm a Christian living with my fiance. I typed out a reply with a little bit of anger, but then decided it wasn't worth it. I felt really convicted, I know what I'm doing isn't right, but we are taking the steps to right it by getting married and spending time with God and learning how to make Him the foundation of our marriage. Funny enough my devotion of the day was about letting go of the past, and realizing God forgives you.

It applied to me completely because I feel that one day me and Walker will be so strong in our marriage and relationship with God that this part of our life will have to be something we let go of. I'm not sure how much sense that makes to others, but all I know is once I prayed about it and really earnestly thought of ways to fix it, we are doing what we can. No, I'm not going to move out of this apartment or force Walker to when we will be living together again in a year. And honestly if we push each other to grow like we have been, this might end up being a positive thing we can teach our children about as a lesson.

Then I read this this morning. When I read this, I feel I can apply it once again to my situation and personal conviction. The biggest part of this when it talks about the law is that it does not allow change. You are what you are, and you'll never be anything better. On the contrary, God says he forgives and even in the wrongness he allows growth and the ability to be better.

I'm not trying to justify the way that I'm living, but if you read this with any judgment on myself or my relationship, know that myself and Walker are taking the steps to better our relationship and lay a sold foundation for our marriage that can only be in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment