Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Journey Through Galatians: Chapter 4

Good morning! Finally getting to do this in the morning and comprehend has me feeling much better, and I really enjoyed this chapter.

Galatians 4
In Galatians 4 it really seems like Paul is beginning to worry that the message he's trying to spread among the Galatians is not sinking in, not affecting them in this chapter. They continue to go on and live normal and to live for others or themselves instead of Jesus.

I got affected by this a lot while in a manger position over the summer, I lived to make my bosses happy, but never to make God happy. I was going to them for advice constantly instead of God, leaving me with unknown feelings. That time in my life was so stressful, but it was a simple reason: I was living to please people rather than God. It is impossible to please people all of the time, and God as well, but the mercy of God is what makes the difference between the two.

People want you to like them, for you to be on their side. Just as much as I wanted them to like me I'm sure they wanted to come off as a good boss, maybe even the favorite. I'm not saying my bosses are awful people that caused me this terrible time, in the end that was my own fault because I was living to please them.

"Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may have zeal for them.  It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always, not just when I am with you." Galatians 4:17-18


No comments:

Post a Comment