Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Journey Through Galatians: Chapter 6.

Hello! I'm returning to the real world today. Actually going to school and then returning to work after 4 days off. I'm honestly kind of ready just because being lazy isn't my thing. It's nice for a day...if that, and then I get extremely bored. As much as I think I hate going going going I think I actually enjoy it.

Galatians 6

I'm kind of sad to be finishing this book in the Bible. I've really enjoyed it. It's actually the first time I've read it so it's nice getting this all fresh and seeing it for the first time.

Chapter 6 I listened to with Walker on the way to Fort Worth to meet up with a friend. I remember how much I loved the first part, so when I decided to reread I was excited to study it again.

Doing Good to All

I absolutely love this part. It mentions helping others, but being extremely cautious towards them. Chances are if you're helping someone they're in a state of trouble and trouble is easily passed on. We are meant to carry our burdens and help others with theirs as well. That's a big thing to ask, but what makes it the hardest is avoiding catching onto other's negativity/sadness/anger while helping. We are called to be humble, which means keeping a level head while helping others. People want you to feel their feelings, but people need people to keep them down-to-earth.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9.

I absolutely adore this verse. What's funny is I sent this same one to Walker when he was having a tough day at work, then it was mentioned in the service we watched together, and now I'm studying the chapter. Something tells me that this verse is not only meant for Walker, but myself as well.

And then the chapter goes into circumcision...which I always find a bit awkward...maybe it's because I haven't had a child or anything yet, who knows. I do like that it basically says it doesn't matter if you are or aren't, in the end it matters about what you're doing/saying/telling/etc.

So now that I'm finished with Galatians I'm not sure what I'm going to read, but I'm thinking of trying the old testament..maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment