Friday, September 13, 2013

Get Over The Hate.

So many things have happened in life, and not all of it has been good. When I look back at the majority of my teenage years I'm saddened to say that I was my own worst enemy. I made my own problems from nothing and then exploded them even more. I drug everyone down into the ground with me with these problems, and would even find ways to blame them. As I've gotten older I'm glad to say I've gotten much better about that, probably what I was dealing with was a maturity issue. But the point of this isn't really to focus on the bad, but to think about ways of getting over it. We aren't supposed to just quit cold turkey. I know when I try that it doesn't work out (if you want an example you can read this blog I actually made on here).So the point I'm trying to make is to make progress in any way it has to come in moderation. I discovered that about dieting and changing my lifestyle that way, but I never thought of it as an all around problem solver. So instead of waking up all determined to change everything, I'm going to wake up and learn to be okay with my opportunities and think of ways to make them into strengths. Cutting anything cold turkey simply doesn't work. Not for me, and not for many people I know. Putting so much pressure on myself is just as self-destructive as doing nothing about it.
In Padre news, the island has a flood watch basically all weekend. Me and Walker went out into the waves and they were over his head and he's 6'1" so you can imagine how scary that was for both of us. Either way we both stayed out there for a while, and woke up to alerts on our phones. It's been fun Padre, but we still have one more day. Don't flood just yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment