Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stop Tolerating.

This might just be the presumed easiest thing for me. If I don't like something, I change it. I don't tolerate negative things in my life, especially because I am now in a position in age where I really have the control. Nearing 20, no longer with my parents, and I pay my own bills. I am in control of my life and I have no one to blame for the negativity except myself (if there is any).
I have examples up my belt of times I did tolerate the things I had in life, but really that's just touching on negativity in my life and I'd rather talk about the good decisions.

This summer I got a promotion I had worked my butt off for, and I expected life to be magically better with this new title. Somehow I didn't stop and really think about all the new responsibility that was going to be on my shoulders. Long, over-dramatic story short, I stepped down. I was afraid to tell family and to really tell myself, but in the end I wasn't going to tolerate the way that position made me feel. I mean, I was a train wreck and totally not myself, and I've gotten to where I like myself so why throw that away all for that? I'm not saying that position is never going to happen for me, but just not right now with moving out and seriously sitting down and planning my future.

I don't really know if that's a good enough example, honestly I'm really tired right now and should be asleep anyways. So good night, and I hope you're able to fix whatever it is that you may be tolerating.

No comments:

Post a Comment