Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lovey Dovey.

I can't believe I haven't mention anything about my absolutely wonderful significant other on this blog yet. Well, his name is Walker and he is without a doubt the best person I've ever met. I put a picture of the promise ring he gave me on Valentine's Day. I've been looking at it a lot more recently, and really thinking about how this ring is a perfect representation of him for me. He has the best heart I've ever seen, a heart of gold. He would do anything for someone he loved, and he puts others before himself. This month will be our 10 month anniversary, which sounds like a short time, but there's something different about the way we click and work together. Let me explain a little bit: this time last year I was just being reintroduced to him. We had a class together junior year but never spoke a word to each other. In college we both had the same scholarship, and a mutual friend that got it with us, so we ended up spending quite a bit of time together. I remember for the first time that year guys were actually asking me out, and I even had guy friends when before I couldn't even imagine that. But even with the guys asking me out, even with the closest guy friends, the only person I wanted that attention from was Walker. Eventually I asked him to go see a movie with me because, lets be real, I'm impatient and I try to make things happen when I want them to, and he told me his girlfriend probably wouldn't be okay with that. Girlfriend. As soon as I hear that word from any guy it's like a switch goes off in my head the attraction I had for them disappears. I will never be the girl who messed up a good relationship, so I stayed away. Then, a funny thing happened. He started texting me more, and eventually asked me on a date. I called him out right away about the "girlfriend" and he said they had broken up just a couple days after I asked him about the movie. So we had our first date, and what really stuck out to me wasn't the date itself, but the fact that afterwards we came into my room and talked for a good 3 hours about our lives. I told him everything and he told me everything. I knew something was different right then. So, we begin dating officially and our families love us being together so that's always nice, and we didn't seem to annoy our friends too badly with PDA. About 4 months in I start thinking about moving out on my own...and how great it would be to have Walker with me. We found a cheap studio apartment and decided to move in the week after school ended. So at 6 months we were living together, and still are. It is so fantastic to have him to come home to. I've never had someone love me this much, and do so many little things for me. Don't get me wrong, we fight, but most of the time within 30 minutes we're back to normal and both apologize for being such buttheads. So, yeah, that's Walkie..or Walker ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment