Friday, September 27, 2013

Getting Out of the Norm.

So, I guess I kind of suck at this whole blogging thing seeing that it's been almost 10 days since my last one. I've just been REALLY busy with little to no time to myself, and to sum up today it seems like it'll consist of sleep, working out, and eating. Oh, and laundry..bleh. But anyways, I am continuing in the steps to help myself be better in general and today's is "Get out of the spin cycle." Uhh..what exactly does this mean? I had an idea that ended up being right, and once again it's close to stop tolerating for me in a sense that I don't struggle too much with it. It's basically saying if something bad is happening and you keep finding yourself in the position do something about it. It's different from the post before because it's saying repeatedly in your life with different people/circumstances you find yourself in the same bad situation before, which makes sense and definitely can happen. I know when I got back into dating I was really afraid of thing being like they were in the past with other people, and that fear of it held me back for a good while from really enjoying my relationship with Walker. To me this relates to letting go of the past because if you cling to it or dwell on it, it's likely your future will continue in the same way. If something didn't work before don't try a similar job, or a friend with the same traits and so on. Trying something new is not bad, and shouldn't be seen as scary.

In other exciting news: I AM ENGAGED! Yup, crazy I know! It happened last Saturday (9/21) and the day in general was crazy. I woke up and went to yoga, and while I was there Walker went to go look at a puppy we had seen online. I wasn't sold on getting the dog just yet, especially not in our studio apartment. Walker got home later than expected and I was already kind of frustrated with him because it was one of those days we were hardly going to see each other and I really just wanted time with him before work. Walker called me once he got here and asked me to come outside. When I opened the door there was the puppy with a little note attached to his harness. I started trying to open it and as I did Walker got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It didn't really hit me until the ring had been on my finger for a good 10 minutes and of course I started bawling like a baby then. The dog's name was Rocky, and he's extremely sweet...just not potty trained. Needless to say, that's been a struggle and big frustration, but in the end he brings Walker and myself a lot of joy so we're trying to find ways to make it work. But anyways, it's a very exciting time in my life and the planning has already begun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment