Sunday, November 3, 2013

Allowing Enjoyment.

"Some were fools through their sinful ways, and because of their iniquities suffered affliction; they loathed any kind of food, and they drew near to the gates of death. Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction. Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man!" Psalm 107:17-21.

Today I'm struggling with food and balance in life again. It happens. I'm very anxious about many things in life, my weight being one of them. I don't think there is a worse fear than gaining all of the weight back, or even half, that I've lost. What I've found is when I spend time with God I struggle with this less and less, even if I don't pray for it. That's how God brings balance into your life.

I NEED that balance right now. Today is just one of those days. I can't get my workout in and I just get discouraged, and I want to go and pick up fast food. And maybe I need to. Isn't that weird? But think, after working so hard on diets/exercise through this week I think I've deserved it.

I have to learn how to not hate myself for enjoying things. Enjoying rest. Enjoying food. In reality, that's only 10% of my life while 90% is working out/eating right/working etc. 

I am going to break if I don't allow myself this freedom. 

This verse from Psalm that I put at the top is powerful. So powerful. I think when you struggle a lot with personal body image it's tempting to keep it in you, not tell anyone when it gets really bad, and all that leads to is unhappiness every morning when you see yourself in the mirror. But this encourages you to let go of it, yell it to God, get it the heck out of you and your system. 

There's something really freeing in that, especially when you're telling someone who can replace it with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment