Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Servants of All.

So yesterday I made this delicious thing right here! It's a Chicken Enchilada Casserole and I got the recipe from here. One extra thing: when I was cooking the chicken (I cooked mine in a skillet with some olive oil) I seasoned them in cumin and fajita seasoning to give them some extra flavor. Also I used corn tortillas instead of the low carb ones they suggest.

I'm working pretty much all day today and I know it's going to be SLAMMED. It being the day before the day before Thanksgiving means everyone getting their last minute stuff or donating what they can. All I really hope for is to be surrounded by good people with good moods.

Mark 9:30-50

Jesus Predicts His Death a Second Time

"Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, 'Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.'" Mark 9:35

I can't help but think while reading this that the disciples are incredibly frustrating. You have Jesus right there in front of you, why are you so caught up in everything else? But at the same time, I can't say much in that because I am no better. Jesus has pulled through time and time again for me and still I let this world affect me more and more. It's human nature I suppose, and thank God we have the ability to be forgiven for our sins.

Whoever Is Not Against Us Is For Us

This part is really interesting to me because the Twelve see a man performing a miracle and try and stop them because he was doing it in Jesus' name. But we do so many things in Jesus' name now. Whenever I end a prayer I always say I pray in Jesus' name. I guess now it's more acceptable because Jesus is accepted among Christians as the savior and saying/doing things in His name is somewhat honoring him. But the main thing is this title of the chapter. If someone is not against you in your journey with Christ then they are for you, and be thankful for them no matter what.

Causing to Stumble

What causes you to stumble? Really, sit down and think. Once you figure it out the next step is to decide on whether or not it can be worked through, or if this could negatively affect your whole life. For me, it's just my short temper sometimes. That I can work on, it'll take a lot of work, but it's me doing this, not someone/something else. But if it's on the outside and it's something you're facing every day (like a job, significant other, etc.) then reconsider what you're doing and if you can work through it. Like the title of my last post, everything is possible with God. Sometimes a situation can pull you away from God though, so either you have to stand up and fight for that every second, or search for something to ease your heart. The decision is completely up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment