Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thoughts to Actions.

I do not like the person I am whenever I'm away from Jesus. Whenever I get to my worst, where I don't call on God because I'm too ashamed of the hate and anger I've shown, and when I become who I used to be. It's crazy how much of an impact spending time with God has on your days, and how much not spending the time makes your days. Today I choose to be better.

Mark 2

Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralyzed Man

I'm pretty sure if I saw Jesus face to face last night while I was making myself and others around me miserable, Mark 2:8 is what he would of said to me. "Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit what they were thinking in their hearts and he said to them, 'Why are you thinking these things?'" In the Bible this is said because some people in the room begin to doubt Jesus and his abilities and begin to question how he would be able to forgive the paralyzed man's sins. I needed to hear this last night, but as I said before, by the time I realized the mess I had made I was scared to go to God about what I had done and said. I messed up....badly. I was embarrassed. But whether I confessed and told Him or not, He knew. He knew my thoughts, He knew my fears, He knew everything. I need to remember this the next time I struggle deeply so I can remember to just tell God. He already knows, but if I don't get it off of myself it just grows into something uglier. Sincerely praying can bring peace.

Jesus Calls Levi and Eats with Sinners

The last verse in this is the most powerful to me. It is a reminder that we are not put on this earth only to rejoice with others about the good news, but to share it. We are here to help lost people. That means not being ashamed to sit and talk with them, but to show them the same kindness we do our closest friends. Jesus set that example in this part.

Jesus Questioned About Fasting

The best way I could understand this is that Jesus was basically the trainer to everyone. He didn't always have to do something for proof, He's Jesus. He's here to instruct you, and He'll stand by your side through the good and the bad like a instructor should. He answers the question humbly, never being insulted by someone else saying something he didn't want to hear.

Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath

What I got from this is that Sabbath is a day of rest. That's truthfully all I got...if anyone has anything else to add to any of this I'm more than willing to hear.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment