Friday, November 8, 2013

Good soil.

Today was a serious challenge. I have a new least favorite shift at work: 8:45-5:15. Seriously, that's all day, and ALL of the rushes. Not to mention I was stuck behind a register rather than bagging for 90% of it. I will say it could of been a lot worse, and in general people were in good moods today. I've gotta rest up and be back there at 7 in the morning, but this time I'll be getting off earlier. I just finished my chores around the apartment, finally getting to unwind. My dinner wasn't the healthiest to say the least, being a donut and the last of my vegan brownies...but hey, at least there were a meal rather than a snack..right? No? Okay.
Also, if you live in Texas, you HAVE to try this coffee from HEB. I had never been able to get into coffee that  I made myself at home, but I bought this and I have to say I am definitely in love!

Mark 4:1-20

The Parable of the Sower

I absolutely love this. The first part mainly because it shows as an example how to get the message of God out without putting it in someone's face. I know many people who are not Christians, or at least don't accept God, because so many people have shoved it down their throats over and over. Jesus gives a message, and people can take it however they want, but they all know what it really means from Him.

And then as it went on into verses 13-20 I got a a little saddened. I had been in every bad situation that he mentioned. Every single one. I don't know if that's normal, I feel like it is. The main thing I got from this is to be humble in the word, be joyful yes, but don't be overjoyed to only have it stolen away when life gets a little tough. Again, balance

Every day I pray I pray for balance to be in my life, one day it'll be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment